Our Laser therapy goes beyond just hair reduction.
We can also treat thread veins with the laser and have had some fantastic results in doing so.
Thread Veins also known as spider veins are small, dilated blood vessels that appear near the surface of the skin. They are usually red, blue, or purple in colour and often have a branching or web-like pattern.
Thread veins commonly occur on the face, legs, and other parts of the body & are called “thread veins” because they look like fine threads or spider webs.
What Causes Thread Veins?
Thread veins can be caused by various factors, including:
- Genetics ~ Some people may be more prone to developing thread veins due to inherited factors.
- Aging ~ As we get older, the skin and blood vessels become less elastic, making thread veins more likely to appear.
- Hormonal changes ~ Hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy, menopause, or the use of certain medications can contribute to the development of thread veins.
- Sun exposure ~ Prolonged sun exposure can weaken the blood vessel walls and lead to the formation of thread veins.
- Injury or trauma ~ Previous injuries or trauma to the skin can cause thread veins to develop in the affected area.
- Rosacea ~ People with rosacea, a skin condition characterized by redness and flushing, may also develop thread veins on their face.
While thread veins are typically harmless, some individuals may find them cosmetically undesirable.
Laser treatment uses intense bursts of light to target and fade thread veins. The heat generated by the laser damages the walls of the blood vessels, causing them to collapse and seal shut. This process is known as coagulation.
Multiple sessions may be required for optimal results. If you want to discuss your options in more detail, please do get in touch and we can talk you through the process.